18 Prospect Avenue
Located on the quiet and popular northwest slope of lively Bernal Heights, this home is one of a kind. Rebuilt in 2017, it features over 3000 square feet of indoor living space on an extraordinarily large lot of 35 x 122.
This beautifully designed and comfortable home is just a short stroll to everything that makes Bernal Heights so special: the park at the top of the hill, restaurants, shops, and easy transportation.
The design and finishes of the very special indoor and outdoor spaces of this home are of the highest quality: wood floors, interesting and complex ceiling lines, unusually creative and well-executed lighting choices, gourmet kitchen, and designer bathrooms. There are Speakercraft speakers and Nest thermostats with radiant heat throughout the home.
Curbside, behind a fabled white picket fence is a reimagined modern facade designed by Hobstetter Architecture Studio. Upon entering through the front door, the house opens up into a spacious double story living room that extends the full width of the building. Use this great space as a living and family room or as living and formal dining rooms. It features high ceilings, dramatic light fixtures, decorative wood beams, and a sensational gas fireplace.
From here, continue to the expansive kitchen with large pantry and second sink and the adjoining great room, creating a nice space to be enjoyed in any way you want depending on your lifestyle. Step out to the deck through the oversized French doors, with soaring views of the surrounding neighborhoods and the backyard. Sit on the deck and enjoy the view and fine weather for which Bernal is famous. A unique half bath completes the main level.
Up one flight is an open space that can be used as a library, office, or sitting area, and an expansive deck with views of San Francisco that is perfect for creativity and relaxation.
One level down from the main entertaining floor are three bedrooms, including a master bedroom with en-suite bathroom including bathtub, two-person shower, walk-in closet, and deck. There are two well-sized bedrooms, a second full bathroom with double sinks, and an additional area that can be used as an office, media, or family room.
The lowest level has a large media room with surround sound and one bedroom with a large closet and full bathroom. This level opens to the expansive yard, with room enough to play basketball or just enjoy quiet barbecues and the sun. There is a parking pad for at least two cars and an enclosed garage with 220V outlet for your electric car. A one of a kind laundry room, utility room, and closet space finish this level.
- Completely detached home with a total of four bedrooms and three and a half bathrooms, with three bedrooms and two full bathrooms on one level
- Media room has a surroud sound system and a wet bar with a wine refrigerator
- Three decks overlooking the backyard with views of the surrounding neighborhoods - the Mission, Noe Valley and Twin Peaks
- Fabulous, large, and flat backyard with a deck, entertaining area, and lawn
- Expansive front porch perfect for everyday living and entertaining
- Nest thermostats with radiant heating
- House wired with Speakercraft speakers
- Laundry room with sink and fireclay tiled floor
- Specialty lighting from Moooi, Amax, Porcelain Bear, and Circa
- Krion countertops in kitchen and master bath walls and floor
- Venetian plaster finish on kitchen backsplash, fireplace, and powder room walls
- Hansgrohe plumbing fixtures and master bathroom tub by Blu
- Top of the line kitchen appliances by Gaggenau (ovens including steam oven and induction cooktop), Thermador (refrigerator), Wolf (stove hood), and Miele (dishwasher)